Translate me:

domingo, 29 de septiembre de 2013

The First Mile...

New and old world Primates, Primates of the new world who inhabit the old world and the other way around, introduced and exotic Primates;

I want to introduce you all to my blog, the one I should have started a long time ago. Those of you who have not read my stories before need to know this is not a conventional travel blog, I do not write about travel advice, there are plenty of Lonely planet guides for that. I aim for personal stories, not only from my experience but also from the characters I meet on my way; I aim for details and simple versions that can say a lot about a place customs, lifestyle, everyday life economics and even some politics. I aim for texts, videos, images and sounds to make these stories alive for those who read them. I welcome comments, questions, additions, corrections, and I hope more than just a "blog" comes out from this personal project. 

It's September 29th. and I am in Togue, in the Guinean highlands, better known as the region of Fouta Djallon. I am sitting next to a noisy generator which is also the only hope for electricity in this town. Incredibly I have found a USB internet device that will make this blog possible every now and then. In a few days I will be settled in a tiny village in the woodland savannah, I have come here to manage the first chimpanzee temporary research site in the Fouta Djallon area, which host the highest chimp density in the whole west Africa.

That's the context at the moment, more will come later.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario